Take the leap with us!
Coonan Mortgage Group offer a wide range of mortgage options to clients.
Take a moment and read through some of our mortgage options below to find out which one bests describes you.
We aim to make the whole process as hassle free as possible. We do this by sourcing a range of options for you, offering expert advice, liaising with all relevant parties and keeping you up to speed at each stage of the process.
Getting to grips with all the financial jargon? We have provided you with a glossary of terms you are likely to encounter throughout the mortgage process.
First Time Buyers
Buying your first home is one of the biggest steps you will ever take. We understand it can be a daunting prospect- that’s why we really know how to look after first time buyers. We will guide you from the very start , up until the moment you get the keys to your new home.
So, if you’re just thinking about purchasing your first home , get in touch with us to see how you should go about doing it.
- Let us assess what your maximum borrowing capacity is.
- We then gather all the standard documentation needed to get you Approval in Principle (AIP).
- Now you can take the house-hunting seriously, find the property you wish to purchase.
- We will discuss all your various options throughout.
When you’re happy with your decision , we will proceed to a Full Loan Offer and sign contracts for your new home.
You already have a property, but, does it still fulfil your needs ? Ask yourself some questions-
Would you like to trade up?
Do you need more space for a growing family?
Would like to keep your property and rent it?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions then Coonan Mortgage Group can arrange the finance and insurance. All you have to do is focus on the move.
We can look after it for you by-
- Working out how much you can comfortably afford to borrow.
- Recommend which mortgage would best fit your needs and circumstances
- Talk you through the various protection options available to you for family and home.
As time goes by you can build up equity in your home- which means that you owe less than the property’s market value.
You may want to release this positive equity for home improvement or an extension.
Equity Release can be an extremely cost effective method of borrowing as mortgage rates can cost less than personal loan rate.
- Allow us help you remortgage your property to release that equity.
- You decide the number of years on your new mortgage. It could be the same as your old one, longer or even less.
- We will deal with lender to get you the best deal and organise all the paperwork.
Are you paying too much on you mortgage?You could switch and save!
If you are currently on a variable rate mortgage you could save thousands by simply switching to a cheaper lender.
We get deals and special offers from lenders all the time, this means we can offer you the most up to date options on mortgage switcher rates.
We make switching a simple process for you-
- Your personal Financial Advisor will calculate how much you could save by switching.
- We will then arrange your property valuation and the transferring of your mortgage.
- We constantly monitor this area of lending and we ensure to meet your requirements throughout.
We also specialise in Affordable Housing options for first time buyers. This allows you to purchase a property through the County Council for a significantly lower cost than buying privately.
We have agencies with:
Dublin City Council, Kilkenny County Council, Galway County Council and Cork City Council.
If you think an Affordable Housing option is for you, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a first time buyer. (Certain exceptions apply, eg. If legally separated or divorced.)
- You must be in full time employment for at least 6months prior to applying.
- You must meet the specified income limit.
Give us a call/email to discuss your options
Homechoice Loans are a Government backed mortgage for First Time Buyers and are provided nationwide by the four designated Local Authorities we have agencies with.
Doing a Homechoice Loan through us allows you to purchase a new or second hand home or to build your own. This loan provides up to 92% of the market value of the property. The maximum loan amount is €285,000.
If you want to find out more , you can talk to us or see www.homechoiceloan.ie
Would you like to purchase a property with the intention of renting it?
Are you already a property investor with more than one mortgage?
We can help you by offering mortgage packages specifically tailored for investors.
The primary benefits of doing a buy-to-let mortgage through us are-
It allows you to borrow money to purchase private sector property with the intention of renting it.
You may be able to save money by consolidating multiple mortgages into a single arrangement.
You will find you mortgage portfolio a lot easier to manage.
For all you commercial lending needs , allow us to negotiate the best terms, fees and conditions from lenders.
We can advise you on all the relevant information required, package your loan request and submit it to several lenders for a swift evaluation. We will then help you choose the most attractive offer and help obtain the loan you require in as little turnaround time as possible.